Friday, October 9, 2009

After The Twins: The Immortal World

I have gotten some questions about what I plan to do once the twins' story is told (which may take about three books).
You mean besides cry? ;)
To be honest, I have grown quite fond of the world that William and Thomas live in. I don't plan on expanding the Forbidden Children arc past the three books already planned, mostly because there is nothing more to tell about them after that.
There are, however, several more stories in that world that deserve a chance in the spotlight. Some of those characters have already been introduced in this blog. Some are in other parts of the world, experiencing life as an Immortal in ways very different than this series' Euro-centric atmosphere. There are even other creatures living among humans and Immortals that have yet to be revealed. My Immortal world plays host to such an array of lives that I could probably pick another 20 stories from it and write them if I so choose to.

That was one of my biggest writing goals: to create a source from which writing ideas and plots could flow from easily. This doesn't mean that I would never write a novel outside of the world of the Immortals, because I probably will at some point. Heaven knows I have enough of those types of ideas floating around in my head (along with random fan fiction that no one will ever see). This world, however, brings me immense joy. It has its own language, laws, belief systems, customs, and history. With all of this, it still manages to hide in plain view of humans. J.K. Rowling did a wonderful job of this in the Harry Potter series, and I hope that my world fits in with the human world just as smoothly.
Have any of you created worlds that carry the potential to tell more than one story? Take a look at your mental playgrounds; there might be a little child hiding by the slide, waiting for someone to find them so that they can introduce themselves.
That's how I found William and Thomas.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about the first book that I cannot wait to see the follow ups and what other stories that you potentially create from this world. Very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete