Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back To The Editing Board

I finally wrapped up my first draft of Tainted Blood today, which means it is officially time to let it cool for awhile and set my sights back on the prequel, Forbidden Children. I think I am on draft four or five with FC now. I am still seeing improvement between each draft, though, which means it is not finished yet. Once the drafts start looking identical, I'll know my editing has tapped out and another set of (professional) eyes will need to take a look at it.

Another observation that gives me hope: Tainted Blood, even in its rough first draft, appears to be a better story than Forbidden Children. It is more complete, more solid, and more gripping than the first one was at this point. I take this to mean that I am actually learning as I go; at least, I hope I am. This also tells me that I can make FC even better, and that the final book will have a lot to live up to. I'll cross that bridge in November 2010, though.

I think I am actually going to enjoy going over FC a fifth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment