Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Random Quotes

After much debating (okay, about three minutes), I decided to post some of my favorite quotes from the book thus far, including a few that popped up in the last few days. In no particular order:

“How did you not notice that the train was in fact a ‘death train’?”

“How didn’t you?”

“Are you actually trying to blame me for this folly? Georg, you are over a century older than me. I have youthful ignorance, what’s your excuse?”

-William and Georg


“I will make this painless for you, Laura. You are right; I have no doubt that you are going to Heaven, and that I am going to Hell.”

-Thomas


“That one man was not innocent. He tried to kill that girl.”

“Yes, and then we did the job for him, remember?”

-William and Thomas


“Dark Ones seem pretty content to live in the shadows, as if them and the other Immortals should hide from humans. I have never understood that. Immortals were created first, then humans. There was a reason for that; we are the top of the ladder. Humans are nothing more than ignorant beasts of burden and a food supply.”

-Elizabeth


"She is probably at least a century.”

“And? I like my women older.”

-William and Thomas


“We work for him [Claudis]. We’re kind of like his…attack dogs, I guess.”

“Gus, that’s a horrible way to put it."

“We are, though, aren’t we? Or maybe we are just the ones that clean up messes.”

-Georg and Gustav


1 comment: