Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Raising The Kids

That's what it feels like whenever I am writing about these two. It is like they are my own boys, and I feel a need to not just protect them, but to expose them to the world. The twins cannot be coddled, nor can their lives be sugar-coated. I went in knowing that they would suffer during this journey. On one hand, I love it because they make for great characters when they are put in distressful or depressing situations. But I also feel a twinge of guilt when I read over the mess I put them through. Still, there have been many times where I literally sat back and watched William and Thomas be William and Thomas, with no input from me. They are quite the spirited little rascals, lol.
I have probably created over 100 characters in my lifetime, and I have never felt as emotionally close to any as I do to these two. Eventually, like all stories, it will have to end and I will have to retire them. It pains me to even think about that. Yes, they can be vicious, deadly, egotistical, sarcastic to a fault, and simple pains in the ass. But they are also two of the most complete characters I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Their journey is one of acceptance both within themselves and with the outside world. I think all of us can identify with that journey in some way.

Angel

PS- Yes, I finally got back to writing. You can thank my new daily exercise routine; I think it gets blood flowing to my brain or something, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment