Thursday, April 2, 2009

HWC and Author's Note

First off, I am planning to attend the Hawaii Writers Conference this September. I would love to know if anyone else who happens to read this is going, particularly if you are from Florida. It would be nice to be familiar with someone else there. I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriott, because it's less than a quarter mile away from the conference hotels, it is in my budget, and I am a Marriott Rewards member, lol. If you are interested, rooms start at $109, and I saved about $200. Don't say I never helped you :-)

Second, I haven't been writing too much on the blog or my book in the past week because I have been doing some major brainstorming. One scene in particular has been bouncing around in my head, and it makes me giddy every time I think about it. I love these moments; writers live for these moments. Whenever you can combine characterization and plot pushing into a single scene, it's cause for a small happy dance. Meanwhile, events in Miami over the weekend made me revisit another story that has absolutely nothing to do with Immortals. Looking over that story helped me with the brainstorming as well.

Moral of the story: If you get stuck on a particular piece, it could help to go look at something else you are working on (or started working on and abandoned in my case). Reading over some old scenes that are halfway decent may lead to your imagination creating some new scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment