Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Soundtrack

Yes, this story has its own soundtrack in my iPod. I think a lot of writers do this; it gets me and keeps me in the mood to write. Here are some of my favorites and why, in no particular order:

1. "Madokara Mieru" by Corner Stone Cues. Hands down, my favorite piece on the playlist. It captures the mystical feel, the element of suspense, and the journey of the twins.
2. "Nara" by E.S. Posthumus. Most people know this as the theme song to "Cold Case." To me, it sums up the entire Immortal world and all of its dynamics.
3. "Fully Alive" by Flyleaf. A former teen client of mine introduced me to this group. I just love the music and the idea of the twins living "fully alive."
4. "Local God" by Everclear. I just picture the four main characters slumming it and getting into trouble in some random town in Germany, lol.
5. "Ein Wiener Walzer" by Adiemus. This is a waltz and goes directly to a scene in the story.
6. "Before The Worst" by The Script. First, I got to meet this band and they are great guys. Second, pretty much sums up Thomas' love life.
7. "By Your Side" by Tokio Hotel. Someone sharp-eyed probably saw this coming a mile away. All about the four best friends.
8. "Un Bolero Azul" by Adiemus. Germany just before and during World War II. At least, that's what I think when I here this haunting, march-like song.
9. "Beautiful" by Eminem. I know, I was surprised too. The chorus is amazing, though. If William and Thomas wrote a rap song, it would sound like this. 
10. "Main Title Music" by Marco Beltrami. This is from the "Angel Eyes" soundtrack. It is such a sad piece. I listened to it while writing a troubling death scene.

There are a bunch more, but these are the ones I listen to the most. There are 52 songs in all in the playlist, and they span the music spectrum. I'm not the only one who does this, right?


2 comments:

  1. Glad you like my music, and thanks for placing it at #1!

    Best,

    Christopher Tin
    (Composer of Madokara Mieru)
    www.christophertin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on MY blog!

    Glad you (and your friends) like my music. There isn't anything on iTunes yet, but my album will be released Oct. 1st, so check back then. There's a new recording of Madokara Mieru, with several J-Pop stars, and it sounds even more awesome than the Corner Stone Cues version. Shoot me an email around then, and I'll send you an MP3!

    Best,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete